Monday, April 14

The baby shower

It's a bit difficult when deciding between a Baby Shower or an afternoon at the Beach with four girls who'd promised to wear nothing but two-piece bikinis...

Allow me to explain...

My sister's second baby shower was suppose to be a surprise one which perhaps is partly the reason why i wanted to go. It's a very good photo op! It was also suppose to bring-in a lot of single women who are maybe eager to make their own babies or are at least willing to partake in the process (Is the other part of the reason...)... Okay that was a joke guys! But Yes that is what i extrapolated from my own sisters Baby Shower and i think you see my point there (right? lol). The plan was to take a lot of pictures and to hopefully get to mingle with some semi-intelligent and interesting beings of the opposite sex... And then go from there...

The Bikini-Clad women (Oh these are the Brazilian wax women from "Like a wax museum with a pulse" blog entry) came by my house on Friday evening. And i really wish i had an exciting story to share to you about that night but they only came to pick something up (I Apologize). Originally the bikini afternoon at the beach was set in two weeks (basically after Nursing School graduation...) but one of the girls stuck her head out of the window as they drove away and announced they'd decided to hit the beach Tomorrow and want me to take Photographs! This would have been fine except I'm suppose to make babies at the baby shower. Damn...

I became sort of frozen where i stood. Petrified if you will. I know that to many this is all too easy a decision to make. I mean Bikinis supersede diapers any day right? Right. But instead of becoming excited about the prospect I began to think of the distance to the Beach and how much gas money it would take to get there and back. You would think that gas-money would be the last thing on a single guy's mind when presented with such a prospect but with the gas prices dangerously on the verge of eclipsing $4 per-- the beach suddenly isn't such a Paradise anymore. Bikinis notwithstanding.

Because of all this i was still at odds come late Saturday afternoon. The prospect of the beach for obvious reasons presented a more fun photoshoot (not to mention more revealing). Whereas technically i am only suppose to be shooting mainly my sister at the Baby Shower, not the single girls anyway. But the real dilemma to be perfectly honest was not so much who i'd be shooting or how revealing their outfits would be. It really was whether which of the two options, i felt, offered a more promising and interesting time in terms of mingling with "single women". While the bikini women would seem inherently far more adventurous and daring, I thought that it was important in the sentimental sense that I photographed my sister with my nephew in her tummy at her baby shower. And while there was a small possibility that i might be asked to "apply" sun screen on some body parts, i thought i might go with the fully-clothed women and play the supportive uncle and hope that it sticks...

But of course as fate would have it there would be no single women at the much anticipated Baby Shower. I could almost hear all of the intricate reasoning behind the smart decision flush down the proverbial shitter when i got there. On the bright side though the food was plentiful and the cooler was filled with beer to help chase my blues away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home