Monday, October 30

Filling up the Potpourri II

Just when i was getting used to my new overwhelming job, i get a Don Corleone like offer from my previous job, you know, an offer i couldn't refuse... Okay, well, maybe that's a bit much but it's significantly more than the new position i started just a few weeks back. I must admit though, i am not so convinced this positions work load would justify its salary in the long run. It's not astounding per se but i just feel that the job would someday (hopefully not too soon) lose its substance and get decommissioned. Well if that were to happen it would be at least a couple of years in the making. In the mean time i think i made a sound decision that i am going to live with and hopefully not regret...

So in preparation to my anticipated comeback to the world of the business casual work environment, i had planned to replace my shoes, because frankly its too old and sluggish looking. Yes i know, just a couple of weeks ago i bought shoes for my old job, but seriously my business casual shoes (if there's such a thing) was in bad bad shape. So after my weekly semi weightlifting session in the commercially popular Gym-- the 24 hour fitness in Simi Valley, i decided to try the newly built and somewhat super hyped Simi Valley town center and see what they have to offer. Not that i'm some sort of a Mall Expert nor i would like to be, in fact, i decided to go their instead of my regular Mall (Fuck i have a regular Mall...) just so i didn't have to go home first. The Macy's was disappointingly small, but to its defense, the prices were significantly cheaper. Anyway i couldn't find the right pair of shoes there so i didn't stay for very long. I did pick up a shirt that was on sale, at which point, the cashier lady asked what i thought was a bemoaning question "Do you live around here?". It almost seemed like she knew i wasn't from around there because i wasn't white. Okay, maybe i am over-reacting here, but come on, do Macy's cashiers make it a habbit to ask that kind of a question? Let me put it another way-- when was the last time you were asked by a Macy's cashier person if you lived around the area? Probably never. Granted, i was in Simi Valley, a predominantly white city, i still couldn't help but wonder what provoked the question...

But anyway i got over it quickly because i don't deal with ignorance, if that was ignorance at all (and maybe its just me)... Because my Saturday was full , I waited until Sunday to get my shoes at my regular Mall. In an attempt to beat the weekend crowd i got up at 9:30 am, got dressed, picked up my morning coffee and banana at the 7-eleven around the corner, and made it to the mall 45 minutes past 10. Perfect time-- so i thought. When i got to the mall, even though it was already open, it was scarcely populated... I was a bit perplexed because it was almost 50 minutes past 10 (i thought the mall opened at 10). It turns out, Sunday was daylight savings time day, when we turn the clock back one hour... So basically, it was only 9:45 when i got there and for good measure i found out the mall only opens at 10 am Monday thru Saturday...

They open at 11 a.m. on Sundays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home