Wednesday, November 8

That 'Best Buy' thing

I've always been some kind of prudent when it came to electronics. To me, there is like this natural progression or something. For instance, my PC monitors made all the stops, 15, 17, now 19 inches. I didn't even get a flat screen until a few months ago. I always wanted one of those but couldn't convince myself enough that spending over $400 for a monitor was a good sound investment... This year however, everything on the computer table was upgraded, even the computer desk itself wasn't spared. New Box, new monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse, new 5.1 surround sound speakers, new laser printer, i mean the entire works. The new Box has a DVD burner, something i vowed never to buy, all the bells and whistles i actually need. I am not a gamer so i have no need for a hardcore Video card or a stupendous amount of Memory. The PC is basically used for Internet Browsing, streaming music, and FTP for my websites. I've never done this kind of thing before, upgrade the entire inventory. It's usually one part at a time. So why did i do it you wonder? Well, because my mom started complaining that my computer stuff is becoming obselete, and that can't happen haha...

Right now, although i love my Flat Screen monitor like a wife, one too many Fry's and Best Buy visits has got me coveting a bigger monitor. I can think of a million things i could pick up at Best Buy and possibly put to use. I could use a plasma in my room, the kitchen, upgrade the tv in the den, heck i spend a lot of time in the bathroom, i could use one in their too. A laptop in every room couldn't hurt either. Speaking of laptops, i've wanted one since they were invented. However i never could justify its necessity and cost. I mean i do all of my internet stuff, work or personal, at work and home PC's. Sure i could use the mobility and the coolness of it all, but i don't like to spend money purely on vanity. To put more emphasis on the laptop subject, just when i finally decided to purchase a laptop, i landed a new job that provided one. Granted, the computer is provided because of the need to VPN from home during times i am required to work from home, we have administrator rights on it so its almost like my own. Of course its not the same as owning one myself but it should suffice-- for now! Man i really want that Mac Powerbook Pro. The cool factor is way up there on that one. It probably couldn't get you girls right out of the box, but who knows (lol)...

There's so much stuff i want to upgrade. For the most part i've just found ways to sort of temporarily discard things. For instance the rear speakers in my truck crackles intrusively at a certain volume which is not even close to Loud so i channel all the sound to the front speakers. The result is, because the bigger speakers aren't part of the orchestra, a low quality sound that i've learned to live with... The volume knob in my civic on the other hand has only two settings, very loud and and inaudible. I could possibly remove the knob altogether and use the inside part to change the volume i suppose, but that would look stupid. One of these days i'll replace the stereo on that thing just so i could turn the volume without cramping up. My room setup should remain intact for a few more years, the TV is only 2 years old which is attached to an Xbox for dvd purposes and a 150 watt 5.1 surround sound that's a perfect fit for the size of the room. One of these days too i'll upgrade that 12 year old TV (first one we ever bought here in the States) in my den, after all its the one i watch the most, kind of ironic really. The dvd player sitting contently on top of it is also the first dvd player i ever bought whose remote control broke almost 8 years ago. They're like an old couple that has accepted each other despite their differences (lol like our parents or something)...

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

blog about global warming

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Marc Gabay said...

wtf?! calm down

 

Post a Comment

<< Home