Saturday, December 22

Donk' the Halls

Not surprisingly the Donkey House had a light turnout on Thursday, its busiest night. We presume the regulars were ALL IN elsewhere, like the mall. They said Thursday was going to be the busiest shopping day of the Holiday Season anyway (especially online). I don't know how one might predict that, exactly.

At 9:15 there were only 6 of us at the Donk' House waiting for the Tournament which was scheduled at 8:30. Six players as you might imagine would not only be a boring tournament, but frankly it is not worth it. There's just wouldn't be enough money in the purse to make it all worthwhile. Which really sucks because that meant a cash game would be started in lieu of the Tournament, and we all know that cash games isn't exactly my forte. Besides i didn't bring enough money for a cash game (with emphasis on enough if you hadn't noticed...). I was bummed of course, although i wasn't going to head home just yet. I was going to hang out. Dennis felt the same way...

But before i got the chance to express my intention of not playing anymore, Hana made me an offer i couldn't refuse. A Don Corleone offer, if you will... He wanted to stake me $500 in the game - risk free - and a 60-40 split on the profit. Wow! I was silent at first, unsure of what to do or even what to say. I don't think i was worried so much about the amount he was willing to stake me but more a matter of my approach to the game. Would i be tentative knowing i'm being backed by someone? Would i play ultra-loose knowing there's no risk involved? I was ambivalent...

So I sat there for a moment pondering my good fortune, then Quincy suddenly interrupted my thoughts, "Shit if you don't wanna do it, i will!" he cried... Well, that did it for me. Haha!

So there i was at the tables with $500 at my disposal, feeling like i just made a deal with Teddy KGB. And though the deal had absolutely no risk to me, i couldn't help but think about Mother coming after me if i manage to fuck it all up! Do i skip town like Worm did?

I lost a $100 of my initial $200 fairly quickly. That's really how things go at these Donkey games anyway. Either your doubling up real fast or your losing it all. Deep Pockets are strongly recommended! If you put in perspective, the $2-$4 blinds aren't exactly antes really because it's negligible in most hands or in most nights for that matter. It's more like a rite of passage and you have no idea what it entails... My second $100-- well i raised with an AK of diamonds that flopped top pair that unfortunately ran into a set of 5's. This would be the first of five sets or trips i would run into that evening. It was actually pretty impressive...

It wasn't just me either. Phil flopped or turned trips at least four times that crazy night. And all against Cesar hahaha. But Cesar on the other hand, when he wasn't going up against Phil's trips, was steamrolling everyone else. He took me for about $120 with Trips, Glen for over $300 with a Flush, and a few straights here and there from everyone else. It was like Cesar would take everyone's chips then would turn around and give Phil his Lions Share. Romantic i say...

In my last hand of the night i had Pocket Aces (What else?). And yes you guessed it, i ran into trips, in some way, oh i don't know, befitting?. My night was frustrating and crazy as the day is long.

Luckily Teddy KGB was playing as well and was able to win all of my loses back. Mother did not have to come after Worm...

Man lets play Poker on Christmas Day!

Hana?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home