Friday, September 24

Fando y Lis

I realized after shooting this last session with one of my favorite model and friend Kelly Polk that she had just broken a long string of nude photoshoots... Well, not that I have become an elitist I just thought I'd point that out to everyone (and obviously to her)...

She proposed a rather ghoulish idea, that, I must admit, I frowned upon initially. Inspired by a recent favorite film of hers from 1968 called "Fando y Lis". A black and white film about Fando (the protagonist) and his partially paralyzed lover Lis in search for a mythical city called "Tar". I'm not quite sure how the couple wound up in a Cemetery setting (which inspired this shoot) but they did. I did watch a little bit of the film (at her behest) and though I didn't quite understand it, it didn't exactly dissuade me from working with Kelly and her vision of the theme. And if nothing else, I'd be shooting it for sentimental reasons. Kelly Polk is the very first model I'd work with (over three years now) plus she has always been receptive to a lot of the personal projects I have done before. So although her ghoulish theme is far from the quasi-professional path that I am trying to embark on, she is one of the best if not the best model I have ever had the privilege of working with...

Incidentally she'd been cast by CSI NY (filming today in fact) to play a murdered 5th grade school teacher. Today she is filming the morgue scene. Hmm she seems to have a knack for landing parts in shows/movies/videos that eventually get murdered. Interesting...

Anyhow here are a couple of photos from the cemetery shoot and some of my all time Kelly Polk/Marc Gabay collaboration favorites:















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home