Monday, February 21

I gotta pee...

Disclaimer: I do not have a peeing fetish lol!

This kind of crazy idea came about out of the longing to shoot not just the artistic but the artistically bold and somewhat socially rebellious, maybe repugnant, and of course rather juvenile. The idea here generally isn't to deface and that is precisely why the location isn't religious in nature or why she isn't peeing on an LA Landmark. So okay it is a family restaurant, but that isn't why I chose it. I just felt it would make for a good backdrop especially for my style composition...

I drove through Silverlake a couple of months back and had a look around looking for potential locations to shoot in the future and this establishment really caught my eye. I liked that it slopes on one corner and that the building itself was designed/built symmetrically to the sharp corners that meet precisely at the front door of the restaurant. And of course the Street Sign "Sunset" to top it all off...

This girl Catrina is truly one of my favorite models and not only because she is receptive to my crazy ideas, but because she just seems to truly understand "the idea" of the themes that we try to accomplish and seems to personify it in a sort of theatrical manner. The pose that she was in was my idea (originally was going to be a standing pose btw) but this wonderfully classic expression on her face was all hers and I think it totally makes this shot! Thats a damn good Art Nude model right there....






More on my Gallery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home