Tuesday, February 8

Lancaster, CA

Lancaster California for me has always been this sort of forgettably arid place between Los Angeles and Mammoth Lakes. You know a kind of transient place that evokes no emotion and feels devoid of life. Yeah harsh I know but really how does anyone from Los Angeles feel about Lancaster? Especially ones who aren't necessarily particularly fond of the dessert to begin with...

Well I used to be one of those people until I begun to scout this lifeless place for a possible photoshoot location. And I gotta tell ya desolate as it might seem, Lancaster California is not without a lot of charm in a idyllic and rustic kind of way...

This beautiful model Mary Jane (6 months pregnant) braved the deserts frigid conditions for photos. This is actually an ambitious two-part shoot that involves a photo of her 6 months pregnant and a duplicate of it with child in hand several months later... I am really proud of these by the way... And as a self-proclaimed Artistic Photographer I have always felt like a maternity session was something I needed to do. Not just to fulfill an artistic void but I think we can all agree that a pregnant woman is one of the most beautiful things on Gods green earth. But it obviously couldn't just be your typical maternity session.............








More photos here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home