Thursday, May 5

Perhaps Love

Perhaps love is like a resting place a shelter from the storm

Does anyone know who John Denver is? Music was a part of my childhood. Music was played morning and night from my dads stereo or uncle next door. Music ranging from the Beatles, Bee Gees, Everly Brothers, John Denver to Led Leppelin. My dad even owned a Karaoke bar for several years located just next to the house i grew up in so we, the kids of my generation were exposed to all sorts of 50's to 70's music. Kind of corny but loveable at the same time.

Anyway not too long ago a woman friend of mine (lets call her Jesica Biel, 24 yrs of age... lol) whom i chat with on MSN messenger added the suffix "Perhaps Love" to her IM name. This is almost a daily routine for her. 'Perhaps love' immediately reminded me of John Denvers song called 'Perhaps Love' and so i IM'd her the first verse of the song "Perhaps love is like a resting place A shelter from the storm" expecting her to maybe respond with the next verse instead she responded with "WTF is that??". I was first bewildered because i expected her to know who John Denver was LOL. Then i saved face and explained that he sang the "I'm leaving on a Jetplane dont know when i'll be back again" song. I've sinced asked several co-workers and friends about Mr. Denver and was surprised to find out that the name isn't as widely known as the songs.

I never did find out what 'Perhaps Love' meant to Jesica. It had to mean something. Is it a state of mind, or maybe she is looking for love? Hmmm Perhaps.

Perhaps i'm just bored.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps you should calm down...

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

made you think, eh. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home