Friday, November 17

Classic family moments

Several months ago my Father hit the lottery. Not the Big One i'm sad to annouce but substantial enough for some small household indulgences such as, new paint, new TV, fix the roof, and his favorite, new wheels and tires for their E 320. It was hilarious because the guy at the Performance Shop was attempting to explain wheel & tire sizes relative to Bling Bling and all my dad could say was "excuse me?" lol. He, like most dads in their age, is versed with these things (even I'm Not). The funniest part of the whole "Pimp my Ride" experience was the fact that the Performance Shop couldn't actually install the wheels, they just sold them. Deceitful i thought but they're known in the Valley as a premiere Mercedes wheels supplier so i guess it was okay. They sent us to one of their partner shops nearby, and although they guy said it would take several hours because of the size of their current workload, my dad wouldn't leave the car in their capable hands. My dads always sort of been paranoid about that kind of stuff. Like his room for instance is always locked even when he is just in the backyard mowing the lawn... So there he remained patiently ( i went home) for several hours mindful of everything happening around the car paying particular attention to anyone remotely suspicious looking haha. Anyhow Pimp my ride was the most time my dad and i have spent in recent years and in fact i'm the reason why he went against the played out crome wheels. The last time we spent this much time together was at the 1999 Acura Classics Tennis Tournament in Manhattan Beach (our first one in America). But perhaps my favorite time with my father of all time was when i was still a little child waiting fo him to get home on the weekends. Dad worked in the city and would come home late Friday night. I would wake up the next day to the sweet tune of the Beatles on the old record player....

With the extra spending money my dad had at his disposal, he offered to get me all sorts of stuff, like get my Daily Driver's less than glossy body painted or an LCD for the poker room. I told him that i didn't really need all of those things believe it or not... See my dad has not had much money most of his life (at least here in America) so i wanted to see him spoil himself for once. And spoil himself he did. He did give me some cash as an alternative which i thought was very cool of him. He really surprised me with that one...

My mother and sister on the other hand are thick as thieves. They always seem to have something cookin', you know what i mean? Evidently my dad also gave my sister cash intended to deposit into a savings account or a CD. I almost laughed out loud when i heard my dad say he was doing such a thing. Not that my sister can not be trusted, she can be, but my father writing her a check for savings purposes might as well have been a gift certificate to Forever 21. She shops like no one else i know you see... Well at least that's what you would expect from her. Hey i don't mean to discredit her but free money from dad is a goner... When my dad asked if the money indeed made it into her savings account (kind of odd because he waited several months), she sort of chuckled. Although my dad didn't hear her (he was like doing the dishes i think), that chuckle meant only one thing, it went some place else other than her savings account. I wasn't surprised of course and it didn't really matter to me what my sis did with the money but the curiosity was killing me-- i had to ask. Apparently my shrewd Mother got a whiff of the financial arrangement and procured an arrangement of her own with my sister (Note: she did not try this with me haha). In fact i am convinced she schemed the entire operation right from the get-go. A three-way MLB deal if you will. She is like Scott Boras only her cut is 100%... Anyway my sister, the good daughter that she is, made no effort to disallow the deal. Basically the deal stipulates the money would be returned tax free over a period of time (hahahahah). Overall this is a very impractical deal especially for my dad (who is not privy of the clandestine deal of course). My sister i surmise will not benefit from the deal. My mother for all the obvious reasons reaps all the benefits. Hahaha classic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home