Monday, June 9

Strike a pose Part 2

... and so i've got a few photoshoots on the schedule, if you can ever believe that. You know I seem to remember not too long ago, my idea of shooting a model involved Scantily Clad Asian women and lowered Import Cars. Cliche I know. Nowadays that particular idea makes me feel unsophisticated and or perhaps tasteless. That is putting it a bit crude I know so maybe it is just not for me anymore. Maybe that bi-product of all the rather raunchy Import Car shows and Racing events i have been exposed to no longer interest me (I'll have to thank Ricky for that...). Maybe it is some kind of a sign of maturity on my part... Don't get me wrong, I think there is an appeal and perhaps even some form of Art in the world of compact Rice Rockets and short Asian women in minuscule bikinis. I mean it is definitely visually stimulating, I'd just rather look at these beautiful women in a different and a more classy element.

I had planned on asking Kelly (... the first girl i ever shot) to possibly work with me again only this time in a different kind of theme. I've really come to like vintage type of photographs and since i thought my progress was dictating the themes that I'd like to add to my portfolio, i thought i might ask her to do a "Beach Pinup in Retro Bikini" with me. But since at that point I had only worked with two Models (Kelly & Jodie), I thought I might ask someone else first before working with her again. You know add some variety before working with the same girl again. Unfortunately the girl who'd agreed to shoot the Retro Bikini Theme originally was going to be out of town for several weeks leaving me no choice but to try to work with someone else. Of course I could have practiced some patience and skipped into the next theme. But you know as it turned out even the other Models aren't able to work for another couple of weeks anyway. Consequently i had to ask Kelly but not only to fill in some work in the meantime. It's basically like shuffling my themes around because in the end the result is that i have variety in my portfolio, right? And luckily she loved the idea and was available for work the following week. Nice!

Of course such themes come with challenges. The hair and make-up she can do she said but there was the matter of the Retro Bikini. And apparently not everyone owns them (lol). As such we had to come up with something. Kelly is only 19 years of age and a newcomer in the modeling field and is mainly focused on expanding her portfolio at the moment and is actively auditioning not only modeling gigs but acting roles as well. This means her wardrobe is not incredibly equipped. Well nor is mine. And so I had decided to shop. Yes Shop! I did this online of course and found some really nice one's on the Urban Outfitters website. And don't worry boys this did not cost me much (...about $40 on sale). And oh I'm going to skip the rather uncomfortable experience at the mall with Kelly and her also very young friend to pick up the Bikini. Why did we need to go to the mall together you might be wondering? Well first of all i needed to pay it and secondly she needed to try it on. Yea I'll leave the next few scenes up to your imagination. Let's just say i kept my distance at the risk of being mistaken for a parent or guardian or something. The lady at the Cashier did not miss a beat however. She asked me if i had found everything okay. I mean dude, I've got a Bikini...

The day of the shoot was much better. Kelly was only 5 minutes late (10 the first time lol...) and when she strolled out of her house she looked ravishing (... if somehow you can forget that she is only 19 years old). Her friend Alex was nice enough to accompany her to the shoot and assist with her Hair and Make-up and all of our gear (... Thanks Alex!!). And not only that she was also an interesting person to talk with which helps a lot by the way when you're my age trying to work with a couple of teenagers. I mean forget the common bond of photography and modeling, our age gap is pretty substantial...

Anyhow at the shoot Kelly got into the character fairly quickly. No fumbling around like our first time up. I do not want to say it came natural for both of us but i think it is fair to say that we had become a little more comfortable working with each other, considering it was her first time being shot in a bikini. The beach was a little uncooperative though. It was a bit too hazy for my liking and for a photoshoot for that matter. But overall I feel it was a successful shoot and ultimately a fun and learning experience for both of us. She did surprise me a little because she practically walked out of her house in the bikini (... with just a small sweater over it). I don't think i can say i was uncomfortable with it, it was just a bit surprising ya know? She looked very good of course but i refrained from complementing her at the risk of being thought of a dirty old man. "Hey you Ready?" was all i could muster. I know it sounds so unceremoniously but that's all i said. So basically I just tried my best to keep my eye on the the road if you know what i mean. The guy at the Chevron Gas station though, i could tell, was very happy to have us... Especially because Kelly was so undecided on what type of drink to grab. Ya I'm pretty sure Gas Station Attendants do not have too many of those days...

There was a full-on film crew at the beach when we arrived. I mean these guys had some serious expensive looking gear. They even had a couple of RV's and some tents for their gear. It looked like they were filming a couple of surfers and a male model. Anyway it was a pretty impressive setup. "Man this makes me feel like a real Amateur..." I murmured covetously. "Nah dude, Chill! Who gots the Hot Model??" said Alex...

True... true.....

See the rest of her photos CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home