Tuesday, July 1

All in a days Work...

I've been sort of sitting here (at work and home) in the last few weeks contemplating on whether i should publish a blog entry for every Photoshoot that I do. They're all very interesting and fun you see but I feared that I might turn my blog into a photography blog of sorts so i decided against it. But come to think of it does it really matter? I mean I blog about anything and everything here and they always seem to coincide with where ever my focus is currently directed on. This blog is after all called "The Koolgreen Anecdotes" so really anything that I do is categorically okay. I suppose I just didn't want a blog entry for every photoshoot because that would seem to be excessive though not altogether a bad idea...

Since my last blog entry which was about Kelly's very popular Retro-Bikini shoot, I've shot a few more models. Where I am planning to take this Photography thing I am not entirely sure just yet. I know that there is a vast plain of things to learn and I know that I have yet to scratch the surface. So for now its all about learning and gaining experience (... and hanging with the girls isn't that bad either hehe). Anyways I did a shoot with some friends in the Meadows in Simi Valley, a Car-shoot with a fine looking model in Beverly Hills, a girl-next-door type of setup at the Beach, and finally I did some head shots for an aspiring actor in Marina Del Rey.

It is interesting how these shoots go about and how they come into fruition. I have had a lot of fun doing them and some frustrations as well. First and foremost I hate tardiness so this would probably mean I would no longer entertain the idea of shooting friends again. Or at least a select number of them. Of course I was smart enough to realize that on the day of the shoo; I was actually still home when they arrived at the location almost an hour late. Who the hell wants to wait around for girls who aren't willing to shed some clothing to begin with right? Yes there is something artsy and glamorous about showing some skin. But I understand, it was their first time ever after all. I'm just saying I wouldn't wait around for them, not if I knew they're going to be late anyway...

The Car Shoot with Dana was probably the coolest one I have been a part of. Not only because I think she is hot but because I got to drive my brother-in-laws beautiful car! In all honesty I was a bit surprised he let me take it for a few hours. Because honestly if i had an M3 of my own there would be no one in this world I would trust with it. But that's just me. Although I think a pang of panic did hit him a little several hours later because he texted asking what time I planned on returning his precious. I'm sure it was a result of my preceding text about how fantastic the car drove. But in all seriousness I treated the car with the out most care. I did not drive it nearly as hard as I do the Si...

My last two scheduled shoots were vastly different from each other. The Gucci Girls were all too excited to be late. It would have been shocking had they showed up even just a minute late. The shoot was like Christmas morning for them and they couldn't wait! And sure enough on the day of the shoot they called to let me know they were already at the rendezvouz 30 minutes ahead of time haha. The day went so well that at the end of the shoot the girls were gracious enough to invite me out to dinner and possibly to have some drinks at a local Club. It was tempting and nice but I wasn't about to subject myself to what possibly could have been an odd evening with a couple of 20 year old Caucasian Women in a somewhat swanky and Predominantly Caucasian City like Newbury Park (I mean have you seen the fucking houses there? Monstrosity! I drove through there once in my Civic and i swear I was at a stop and the only other two cars there were a brand new Aston Martin DB9 and a Cherry Red Ferrari 599 GTB...). Not that I wouldn't feel safe or anything like that, I am just possibly way too racially conscious to hang there with them. We settled for Yogurt at PinkBerry's instead and I swear I was getting a lot of interested looks (and i can hardly blame them for it)... That plus my dogs were starving and I wore flip flops!

Lastly I shot with a girl on Sunday whom I met with first last Friday in a Coffee Bean in Venice (If you haven't been to Venice it's this sort of charming and very homey beach town just south of Santa Monica). That in itself was different because these things are typically put together by emailing and or by phone alone. Who has time to meet up anyway? I couldn't help but think that either she was some sort of a control freak or just playing it safe or something (she lives in Venice so I would tend to think she was playing it safe... Or worse both). The meeting went fine and she arrived precisely at 1 pm and precisely at 5:30 at the shoot too a couple of days later. It's uncanny!

At the day of the shoot she wore nothing like what we agreed upon (which completely changes the mood of the shoot by the way because wardrobe is almost everything) and she actually tried to convince me not to shoot at the Marina anymore because it was tad bit gusty (just a tad!). Correct me if I am grossly mistaken here but isn't "A tab bit gusty" for a Marina just normal? Forgive me for being critical but for someone who lives near the coast she doesn't know a hell of a whole lot about coastal weather tendencies. Gust and the Marina are synonymous for God sakes! Needless to say i was mildly annoyed at her for being so damn picky and when she refused to sit or at least lean against a boat because she was afraid to soil her white pants, I called it a day even though there was at least a good hour of light left. In a nice way of course...

... all in a days work. The life of a wanna-be photographer. It is harder than it really should be but more sinfully fun than you would think.



See more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home