Tuesday, August 23

Rome If You Want To...

About a month ago, I gave my cousin a brilliant idea in which he'll let me blog on his site for free and blog something he normally doesn't blog about. There are things he doesn't cover much, i.e. gay conventions, orgies, extreme dodgeball, swimming, midgets... I mean I don't cover them either. Fuck. Forget I mentioned them. But you can count on him to talk about anything else besides those that I mentioned. So without further delay, I will blog about TV. Since Marc's not a big fan of television - with the exception of ESPN, Dodgers, WSOP, WPT, Eat Bulaga, Wowowee, Sopranos - I'm gonna convince him to think otherwise of this one new show, which premieres this Sunday, Aug 28. It's called ROME. I'm sure he's heard or seen the trailers and promos.

Check this premise, from HBO: The year is 52 B.C. Four hundred years after the founding of the Republic, Rome is the wealthiest city in the world, a cosmopolitan metropolis of one million people, epicenter of a sprawling empire. The Republic was founded on principles of shared power and fierce personal competition, never allowing one man to seize absolute control. But now, those foundations are crumbling, eaten away by corruption and excess. The ruling class has become extravagantly wealthy, with a precipitous decline in the old values of Spartan discipline and social unity. There is now a great chasm between the classes. Legal and political systems have weakened, and power has increasingly shifted to the military.

The first time I read about this show was on some messageboard. I was thinking at that time, "Rome as in the Roman Empire Rome?" My cousin and I are big fuckin' fans of world history. We're addicted to it like it's insulin. This show may be more on the elaborate side but what's not freakin' elaborate about the Roman Empire? The Roman Fuckin' Empire!!! When HBO produces a TV show, it's big deal. It's not half-ass like Fox or Showtime where it gets cancelled after two seasons or two episodes later. The producers are the same people that brought you Band of Brothers. I mean Come on!

Marc, it's time you should bring back HBO man cuz I'm not taping it for you just so u can watch it for yourself. LOL! I'll only tape poker for you, niggah cousin son nephew... uncle.

For more about the show, check this link:

http://www.hbo.com/rome/

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Marc Gabay said...

Yea dude my idea of blogging was never really to cover a myriad of topics. Besides i'm a better reader than writer....

But thanks for contributing... see ya on poker night

 

Post a Comment

<< Home