Friday, October 14

About a boy

"As ever. Let's do it.

Let's play Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Who wrote the phrase "No man is an island"?

John Donne? John Milton?

John F. Kennedy?

Jon Bon Jovi?

Jon Bon Jovi. Too easy. And, if I may say so, a complete load of bollocks. In my opinion, all men are islands. And what's more, now's the time to be one. This is an island age. A hundred years ago, you had to depend on other people. No one had TV or CDs or DVDs or
videos... ...or home espresso makers. Actually, they didn't have anything cool. Whereas now, you see... ...you can make yourself a little island paradise. With the right supplies and the right attitude... ...you can be sun-drenched, tropical, a magnet... ...for young Swedish tourists. Hi, it's Kristina. I haven't heard from you. I had a great time last weekend. So give me a call, okay? 'Bye. And I like to think that perhaps I am that kind of island. I like to think I'm pretty cool. I like to think I'm Ibiza. "


Opening verses from a movie featuring Hugh Grant and Rachel Weisz called "About a boy"


I·bi·za also I·vi·za ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-bs, -vthä)
A Spanish island of the Balearic Islands in the western Mediterranean Sea southwest of Majorca. The island attracts tourists and artists and has Roman, Phoenician, and Carthaginian ruins.

Anyway i haven't purchased new clothing in quite a while (several months) so a visit to the Mall was much needed and this movie came to mind on my way there. The plan was hit the mall spend a good 20-30 minutes scouring Banana Republic & Abercrombie & Fitch for t-shirts and then stop by the liguor store for Beer and be home in time for the first pitch of ALCS Game 3 at 5:15 PM. (all of this after bathing my dog Toby & Foxy and changing my motor oil)

I did not find anything in Banana Republic so i careened over to Abercrombie across the way (more cute girls there anyway). I immediately noticed that there were more employees than shoppers and if you're an observant shopper you know that you're going to get more than two clerks approach you to offer a hand who are always so eager to help that it seems almost fake'ish. But if you're a frequent shopper i'm sure you don't mind this at all. So anyway three of the clerks approached me and i thanked them for their promptness. The fourth one was a real winner. This guy looked no more than 17 years of age, anyway he approached me and cheerfully asked me something but i didn't hear. I didn't wanna be rude by replying with no "i'm okay" because the question was not the normal " are you finding everything okay?" it seemed a lot longer. So i turned around and asked him to kindly repeat what he asked. He smiled and repeated his question have you heard how good aberbrombie & fitch jeans fit? This question caught me by surprise and took a few seconds to register... When i regained my bearing i smiled and replied uhmm yes i do, i actually have a few of them and then walked away and found myself half-shaking my head in bewilderment.

Did he fail to notice i was wearing a pair of A&F jeans and t-shirt? In fact i was wearing A&F sandals, belt, boxers and ball cap. So... why would i not know how good A&B jeans fit?

Possible reasons?

  • He failed to notice i was wearing nothing but A&B
  • I was wearing my A&B baggy jeans and maybe he did notice my it but simply failed to recognize it as one of theirs (since most A&B jeans are a tight fit) and thought he might suggest i buy one of theirs since they fit better. Tacky straIegy i might add
  • He was gay for me and that was his way of making contact, i mean can u think of any other reason?

Have you ever been asked that question before in an Abercrombie Store? Have you ever been asked that question in any store? I just think that his concern was inconsistent to what i am used to from clothing store clerks. It's possibly a gender issue and maybe there wouldn't be such fuss and awkwardness if one of the girls asked instead (half dressed). Probably!

3 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Yuga here of PinoyTopBlogs. Just passed by to inform you that you need to include the tracking code/button in your blog so we can start ranking your blog.

Thanks,
Yuga
http://www.yugatech.com/blog/
http://www.pinoytopblogs.com.com

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

BUWHAHAHAH... U GOT BLOGSPAMMED DOOOOO!!! Maybe he's an oxymoron.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Marc Gabay said...

LOL. ya i signed up for the Top Pinoy blog stuff... theres quite a few good one's there tooo..... but i'm not really interested in ranking

 

Post a Comment

<< Home