Monday, July 21

A models tale...

I don't understand the models that take time to look at my portfolio then inquire about a possible collaboration only to be never heard from again. My guess is that she hadn't suddenly decided to drop modeling all together. Okay so the chances are she probably found another Photographer whose portfolio is far better than mine. And that is fine because that is the nature of the beast so to speak. It's just a little annoying that she's wasted my time and had no decency to let me know she's found someone else. It's not because i sit around waiting to hear back from these models, I mean if I don't hear back I don't hear back, that's that! What is it with people and their lack of communication anyway? Is it so difficult to say "Hey thanks so much but I have found a better situation"? Okay so they are Models and perhaps communication isn't exactly their best virtue. It's just that these are the kind of things that ruin it for the more intelligent models such as Ashley and Zoe (A couple of models I have worked with).

I have been in communication with a model in the last 5 weeks or so about a project I proposed. She seemed enthused and even insightful about the proposal. She gave me a sort of flexible schedule to work with too. It almost seemed too easy ya know? But as things progressed, I discovered that she is not all that easy to work with after all. At least scheduling wise... Her first excuse for postponing a shoot was because her friend who was suppose to fix her hair could not make it. Apparently she has roots for days (...whatever that means). It seemed like a legit enough excuse, I thought. Roots in a models hair does not sound pleasant at all. So I had thought she was looking out for me too! On our second attempt to collaborate, I thought it was a bit odd because it would have been a Saturday, the day after the 4th of July. Okay maybe this one was half my fault because even I didn't feel like shooting that day. But because she has such unique features and posses an edgy look, I thought I might work with her that day anyway. So i agreed! Only to hear from her the morning of the 4th postponing citing possible drunkenness and hungover. Fair enough right? Because even I planned on getting drunk!

So there we were rescheduling yet again. But all along I was trying to convince myself that she is not in fact crazy or at least not a compulsive liar because I was beginning to have my doubts. But be that as it may, it really wasn't that bad. In perspective, Roots & hangover are two pretty good reasons to postpone a photoshoot don't ya think? I remained cautious however because at that point even though her excuses were fairly legit, my thoughts were that I know a crazy flake when i see one. So once again we agreed to set up a shoot, except this time I let her pick the time and date. Hell I even let her modify my original theme which she wasn't too fond of to begin with. Because I was thinking (...perhaps in some perverse way, hoping) that it didn't really matter because she just might come up with some wild cock & bull story and postpone again anyway... So did she? Well the curiosity was killing me leading up to the day of the shoot. And as I expected there was a fateful email from her on the eve of the shoot. And this one was even crazier than I ever expected. Rather Impressive actually! She said she could not make the shoot because it was her sisters surprise Bridal Shower Party which she has been tasked to put together. Well I would have like to believe the spectacular lie but I couldn't think of a good reason why on God's Green Earth she would schedule a photoshoot on the same day she is throwing a Bridal Party for a sister (... and who the hell throws surprise Bridal Showers?!). Maybe not a complete lie all together but it was obviously not entirely true either because you would think a prudent person would not and could not make such a conflicting schedule (...but then again she is a model). More importantly though my suspicions came true; a wild story!

And since I didn't really expect this shoot to ever come true I thought I'd play along with the complex and elaborate Game, if it is one. And let me tell you her latest excuse was beyond wild! And Yes we rescheduled again! This crazy woman said she could not make it to the last shoot we agreed upon because she was getting her boobs done. I mean really, what could I say to that? Nothing right? So i wished her luck and said we'd talk and try to collaborate after the procedure because she still wants to shoot. Weird though because her already well endowed breast are partially a reason why I wanted to work with her...

Who knows all of the above could be true. Maybe she did have roots in her hair and maybe she didn't want to commit to a shoot the day after what could have been a drunken 4th of July Holiday. And that probably was a prudent decision. And maybe her sister did whimsically decide to get married and maybe she did whimsically decide to get her boobs augmented (lol). The striking coincidence is that she so happened to decide to make all these somewhat life changing events on the days we'd decided to shoot. It's interesting too the method that she'd chosen to postpone. It seems like she's finagling her way out of a commitment that needn't finagling. I mean it would seem easy to me to postpone or all together cancel a photoshoot. All you have to do is say so! But no, not her. She had all together complicated something so uncomplicated...

Anyhow on a more uncomplicated note, I have some new photoshoots I'd like to share to you guys. Enjoy...




See MORE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home