Sunday, September 18

Ah shucks... we're doomed?

From a friend's blog:

"Men are odd. If you're nice, its interpreted as flirting. If you're not nice, you're a bitch. Its a lose-lose situation.

Women tell me that other women are catty. After hearing that from SEVERAL women, I guess women really are catty. Thats a bitch.

People in this town (LA) don't date not coz they don't WANT to, but because no one has the TIME to. We are all doomed. "


What I think:

Hmm yes that is a true stereo type about men. I personally have endured this when merely conversing, but hey that's part of interacting with the opposite sex, right?. What's that book called ... Men are from Mars and Women are bitches.. kidding kidding... Women will naturally repel flirting when not done properly, there is somewhat a technique in flirting. I think that flirting is best done when the mood is right and chemistry has been established between the two parties. The problem with men is they flirt as if they're fishing, they don't actually see the fish in the water when the net is casts, catch my drift?

Having said that, I haven't exactly abided by this philosophy and I suck at it. My sort of Poetic justice?

Catty women. What the heck is catty? Hahaha I looked it up (dictionary.com)

cat·ty1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kt)adj. cat·ti·er, cat·ti·est

1. Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful: a catty remark.
2. Catlike; stealthy.

Ya this is probably true I but i wont dare divulge. I'm catty myself.

Dating in LA: (my take on people who don't dont have time to date in LA)

I dont know about that. You have to be a real introvert not to have time to date. Maybe you're desperately trying too damn hard because you feel as if you're out of place in a big city in which every single person you know has a partner.

Anyway, what i am saying is that find it highly egotistic when a woman in LA claims she has no TIME to DATE.

"People in this town (LA) don't date not coz they don't WANT to, but because no one has the TIME to. We are all doomed ".

I disagree, in LA people are either dating, not dating or married, there isn't a dormant state and if there was one the city is not to blame. So you haven't dated in some time but how did you figure the people of LA aren't dating as well? Do you think somehow we muse over your dating pattern? You have without predicate grossly generalized the dating trend of the People in LA, and a bad one at that!

Okay i haven't been dating lately either, but what's my excuse? Simple, i cant get a date....Yes i cant get a date and i dont blame the city, i blame myself.....

Dating is suppose to be fun ya know.. if you start treating it as if a requisite in preparation for the rest of you life then you're really doomed.

(Well i'm just talking out of my ass really... this girl is cute and witty)

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

at least you come home to a beautiful stranger every Sunday and most Tuesdays. If you catch my river, er, drift...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey koolgreen,
haha.. kool blog!
your philosophy in dating's pretty interesting. :)

really nice site.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Marc Gabay said...

Hiya Ellie.. thanks for stopping by....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home